A leading brand of a speciality pharmaceutical company was stagnating. The national performance of the brand was being buoyed by high regional saliency and repeat purchase by patients. However, the prescriptions of the brand had started to de-grow in the core speciality.
Being a low involvement category and a lot of history attached, how could the organization drive brand growth?
THE WHITESPACE DOSAGE
THE WHITESPACE PRESCRIPTION
Due to the history attached to the brand, we knew the solution had to address 2 sets of customers - the internal customers (sales force) and the external customer (the doctor).
The brand strategy was rebuilt by:
1. Auditing the current : Segmenting, Targeting and Positioning of the brand.
2. Brand Repositioing based on brand essence.
3. Deriving the Brand Lever from the unique selling proposition.
4. Designing and executing targeted campaigns based on the brand lever consistently.
5. Appropriate campaign KPIs designed and monitored.
The Brand became the leader in the category and a Star in the company portfolio with the sales increasing by almost 4 times in 4 years. The increased contribution to the bottomline helped the company finance the launch of a slew of innovative products that further contributed to company growth.
READ OTHER CASE STUDIES